Monday, April 29, 2013

Easy hydroponic setup

This time I'd like to describe quite easy hydroponic setup made by myself. It consists of container, substrate and aeration system. I bought container at local garden-shop.
For aeration I used aquarium aerator and aero-rock which I bought at zoo-shop.
I picked aero-rock so that it was almost as long as my container. As a result roots of my plants will receive oxygen evenly at any place in container. I connected aero-rock to aerator and put it into container.
As a substrate I used ceramsite which I bought at flower-shop.
For following after fertilized solution level in container I took a plastic bottle, cut off its bottom and neck and put it in one corner of container. Then I added ceramsite to container.
Now I can fill my setup with fertilized solution through cut bottle. Cellular ceramsite will stay above solution, and I will be able to plant my seedlings in it. After turning aerator on, roots of my plants will be constantly supplied with oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment