Saturday, April 27, 2013

Growhouse

While growing vegetables under artificial light it is important to minimize loss of light. For this purpouse I built a little improvised growhouse. I used old magazine-table as framework and white packaging film from construction site dump to reflect the light.

I attached white film to lower side of my table by nails. After that I attached some metal component which I also found in construction site dump by screws. It's purpouse will be to concentrate light flow on vegetables. I also attached light-socket with cable and switch to this improvised reflector.
I plugged high-intensity lamp into socket and rotated table upside down. At one corner I cut out opening in white film and attached computer-cooler for ventilation.
I also attached thermometer inside my growhouse to look after temperature. Here is result of my work:
With light on:
Inner view:
With light on:

No comments:

Post a Comment