Monday, April 29, 2013

Spinach germination - stage 2

8 days yet passed since I planted seeds. 3 seeds out of 10 germinated and started growing, 2 more germinated but don't grow yet. Mineral-wool cubes became too small for those seedlings which started growing. But yet I didn't want to hurry with replanting them to hydroponic setup because they were still too small in my opinion. I made decision to replant them to larger mineral-wool cubes.
I made cutouts in large cubes for small ones. Before replanting seedlings I impregnated mineral-wool with nutrient solution. This time I dissolved fertilizer in proportions written in its manual. I thought that seedlings are ready for full dosage of fertilizer. I put box with seedlings to growhouse which I described in my last post. Every following morning I turned light in growhouse on and turned off every evening. Besides I regularly sprayed mineral-wool with fertilized water.

No comments:

Post a Comment