Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The first basil sprout

One week have passed since I planted basil seeds. One of them finally sprouted.
This is sweet basil 'Holy'. Unfortunately other seeds died. I put a paper-cup with seedling to window sill to receive sunlight. Since now I'll have to water seedling 3 times per week and feed standard nutrient solution 2 times per week (info from http://hydroponeast.com website)
Besides Виталий Марин gave me an advice to try planting seeds directly to ceramsite. He also showed me a picture where this method gave him results. I decided to give it a try. I filled my hydroponic setup with water to which I added a bit of vinegar to keep pH level at about 6. Then I poured about 10 seeds into it, turned aerator on and covered setup with folded cheesecloth to keep seeds in darkness. Hope that this one will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment